V A L U E Y O U R M E M O R I E S
There aren't many photographers or videographers that offer their clients the opportunity to archive the raw files from their wedding. I understand why, of course, because we want to present our work in the best possible light. This means editing the very best images/clips and using our creative talents to share a professional, beautiful product with you.
However, I also think it's very important to at least offer my clients the opportunity to purchase everything captured on the wedding day in its raw form before it's gone forever!
What is RAW?
Raw images are the pictures taken straight out of the camera. No special effects, no crops, no colour manipulation, no skin adjustments, no edit what-so-ever. Raw images are images that are at their highest resolution, in their most raw state, which gives professionals all the information they need in order to edit the images to the best standard.
The RAW files will only be able to be opened using editing tools such as Adobe's Lightroom or Photoshop for example.
As far as footage goes, the footage is not colour graded or manipulated and will be presented in individual files. Each clip bar the speeches and ceremony will last 6-20 seconds in total.
You receive the .WAV audio files too from where I attached a microphone to the wedding party, this means you have the clean audio of the speeches etc separately, all in it's raw form with no editing.
Because of the nature of the editing process, you are essentially obtaining a copy of my workflow in its raw state. Nothing is manipulated or polished, but you have each clip/picture from the day as a hard copy, this means all the bad clips too, the mess ups, the double takes etc.
Why Obtain my RAW Files?
- I don't hold the files forever - each year I have a clearout of the original footage from my hard drives in order to make space for new files and to save physical space too.
- I shoot hundreds of frames throughout a 12 hour (ish) day, which are then culled down to 400 images / an 8-minute film, there may be scenes/guests that didn't make the final cut, memories are so valuable.
- You future-proof your investment. By obtaining the raw files it leaves you the opportunity to have a professional make a more current or timely edit of the files, in say, 20 years time!
- You have already received the finished edits that I deemed to be the best images, but there may well be others you would have personally liked too.
- Once they're gone, any and all of the above opportunities are gone with them.